Friday, November 24, 2006

A nice Polish lunch...

...I've been having a quiet day for a change. I had a visit from my Dutch philosopher friend and we had a nice Polish lunch. Since Oma came from Poland the catering in this establishment is much improved. We talked a lot about Spinoza and the good life. Sometimes a nice chat with a good friend and plenty of laughter is the best medicine. It has been a busy week that turned out well in the end. Many of my deepest values have been challenged of late and I've had to deal with many memories as well as cope with days full of frentic activity and crises that often drained my energy. So a nice lunch was long overdue. My Dutch friend left me with a warm glow in my heart. Must have been the fifties background music and the good food that set the mood. Joli weekend, mes amis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a very nice lunch....old Spinoza. such lunchesone should have much more often.
Maar jij heeft een heleboel blogs, best verwarrend.

Unknown said...

Dat kloppt. I'll have to cull some of them soon. All this beta stuff just adds to the confusion.