Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Blogging for blondes...

...as one of those blogs which are, generally speaking, hostile and, generally speaking, basically see their job as every day exposing how venal, stupid, mendacious politicians are, generally speaking I've been asking myself recently why I bother. After all Rachel does the political stuff much better and I'm an exile anyway. I can only use magic mushrooms legally here in Holland now. Theoretically in London I could be given life imprisonment for what I believe in doing. It was when I read Rigmor's piece on a grumpy Christmas that the penny dropped, this time in the company of some lovely isolater hash. What matters at the end of the day? The big picture, the small picture, or some weird combination of both? At the moment our house is full. Our Polish granny turned up today with lots of homemade goodies including a lovely handknitted Norwegian pullover. We finally have the internet after trying out three computers, three separate mice and three separate keyboards in a combination that works. So I'm no longer dependent on the free internet hour I get in the public library. Tomorrow my Tibetan friend arrives so I'm looking forward to having a Geshe in the house. It's all so trippy. Amsterdam is a strange moving feast. Just when you think you've got it she pulls another rabbit out of the hat.

No comments: