Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Chalky!


Happy Birthday, Chalky!, originally uploaded by Cookiemouse.

Do you know who was number one when you were born? In 1950 when I saw the light of day the best selling song was "The Fat Man" by Fats Domino. On my birthday Nat King Cole was number one with "Mona Lisa" which is still one of my all time favourites. Chalky shares her birthday with Nina Simone, which seems only fitting for the writer of a blog called Terrible Love Songs and so Chalky, I would like to wish you a great day, and thanks for the tea tips!
Here is my Nat King Cole favourite, with George Shearing on piano. This song cures all known ills, at least for me!

2 comments:

chalky said...

Cookie Mouse you are cool-it's official ;-) Lovely choice of song - Nat King Cole, Chilled and happy music.

Thanks for your best wishes and it's so good to see the Terrible Love Songs blog on someone else's screen for a change!

Enjoy the tea, enjoy the day!

Chalky

Unknown said...

Thanks. This Nat King Cole song has been part of my life for a long time. I was chuffed to find out that Nat was number one on the day that I was born.