Monday, August 06, 2007

US can now intercept European communications...

...that are routed through the US, eg via Google or Yahoo.
“The bill clarifies that no court order is required for foreign-to-foreign communications that pass through the United States."
It’s now official: George Bush and Alberto Gonzales have the legal authority to spy on you and I without a warrant at any time. The vote was as follows:

Yea:227 Nay:183
Wired news

Is it not time that Europeans woke up to the fact that data security and personal freedom are being eroded on a daily basis by an Anglo-Saxon creeping fascism? In the Observer yesterday Henry Porter once again reminds us how Britain's liberties are disappearing too. We are sleepwalking into tyranny.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Leighton, I've just copied the Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee YouTube video to my blog. I found your blog by using blogger's new Browse Profile feature. I wanted to see how many other people had listed Keith Jarrett in favorite music. Yours was the first I clicked on among the 300+ that showed up. Anyway, based on this small sample, I'm sure there is some cosmic link between Jarrett fans. Your blog is much to my taste. Not sure that the reverse will be true, but I wanted to say hi and let you know how much I like the look and content of your blog.

mirk said...

Oh oh oh I have just come from Steve's site to look at your banner and saw this post. I wrote about this subject herea day or two ago and got some stick from one of your fellow countrymen/woman as to why I was so worried.

mirk said...

oops sorry Steve had been talking about Alaska and I thought you were from there I now see you are from the Netherlands sorry.

Now I know why you posted this article.

Unknown said...

I'm actually from Wales, guys.

Fatih Nakış said...

SUPRR Fatih Nakış Nakış işleme